Monday, May 5, 2014

Summer Feet

Amazon
I don't know about you guys, but the summer tends to dry out my feet from wearing open shoes (mainly flip flops for me).  Over the years, I've tried every product on the market, it seems, and nothing helps.  I've done the exfoliating scrubs, cream lotions, harsh chemical-type treatments, and home remedies I've found on Pinterest, and nothing seemed to work.  The last time I went for a pedicure, the guy made fun of me with his coworker about how dry and cracked my feet were.  Needless to say, I stopped going for what used to be a pleasurable and relaxing experience out of shame.  Overall,  I just felt like I was doomed to just having ugly dry cracked feet, and was completely embarrassed to let them be seen.

I was sitting talking to my mother-in-law a few weeks ago, and we were discussing our woes with different beauty products.  She told me about this foot cream she found at the local hardware store of all places, and I had never heard of it.  (I must have been living under a rock, because now I see this stuff everywhere.)  I think I had just given up the search to be quite honest, because like I said before, it just felt like I was doomed to having ugly feet.  She recommended O'Keeffe's for Healthy Feet Foot Cream to me, and I can wholeheartedly say I do not have ugly feet anymore!  This stuff is fantastic!

Each container is 3.2oz and will run you just around $7. Since I purchased mine at the local hardware store, I've now seen it in a variety of locations such as Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc. You can also purchase it on Amazon too. They have a Healthy Hands cream for those of you dealing with dry hands as well, and I think that it would be fantastic for those of you that have husbands who work with their hands a lot. Mine was a bit hesitant to allow me to give him a manicure (because it is such a girlie thing to do *rolls eyes*), but he enjoyed the hand massage I gave him with the Healthy Hands Cream. Oh and trust me... it may benefit him, but those benefits definitely extend to you as well. *wink, wink*

Now, how did it work, you ask??? 

I'm telling you that because I had such bad dry cracked feet, I took it a bit further than the average person actually needs to. (I'll spare you the pictures, because I wouldn't dare show those to anyone.)  I started every day by putting it on after I got out of the shower, and I wore flip flops around the house until it was soaked in. You definitely need to wash your hands after, because the foot cream has this weird feeling on your hands if you just rub it in and is almost kind of sticky.   At night, I would put the cream on and then my lovely aloe gel socks that make my feet sweat a ton. (I generally end up taking them off in the middle of the night, because I hate my feet to be hot).   It only took about a week to see noticeable results.  After two weeks, I was able to drop it down to just putting the cream on after a shower, and doing the sock treatment once a week because my feet were so incredibly soft!  I'm talking they were so soft that it actually hurt to wear flip flops, because the callous on the side of my arch was gone! Take THAT, evil pedicure guy!

After having ugly feet for so long...I have definitely developed a new shoe obsession and I'm loving it. :)

If you want to be wowed like me, you can purchase O'Keeffe's products locally or I can be helpful by providing you the links to Amazon below.

O'Keeffe's for Healthy Feet Foot Cream
O'Keeffe's Working Hands Cream
O'Keeffe's Working Hands & Feet Combo Pack

For this and more of our favorite products, visit our All That Sparkles and Shimmers Pinterest board.

No comments:

Post a Comment