Sunday, May 4, 2014

Welcome to All That Sparkles and Shimmers. Finally.

Welcome to the new blog. Finally. 

Many of you that have been invited to my new blog may remember my very active blog from the early part of the last decade titled "Moira's Little World". Ah, have times changed. Interests change and shift, babies are born and old obsessions give way to new obsessions. If you are so inclined, you are welcome to visit my old blog at http://moiraslittleworld.blogspot.com/, but keep in mind that this is an old inactive blog. I just can't bear to take it down after so many wonderful years of writing in it so it will be featured in my blogroll.

When I was in high school, I kept daily journals, where I wrote about something every day in them, whether it was a few sentences, a paragraph or twenty pages. It was very cathartic, soothing and became a great way to shut down my mind before bed. Those journals are safely locked away in my hope chest.

Now we are in the world of electronic media, and with tablets, smart phones, and laptops, there's even more opportunity than ever to get back to my hobby of writing that I have always loved...so much so that I chose to major in it in college.

The other part of it that has always been of great interest to me is personal hygiene and beauty. I am a firm believer in the concept that if you try to look your best, it does translate into how you feel about yourself. I personally feel my best when I am fully dressed with makeup, matching accessories, nails manicured, and hair groomed. People around you in your world notice when you take care of yourself, whether it be your spouse, people in the workplace, children, friends and new acquaintances.

It has been suggested to me on more than one occasion and by more than one person that I start a beauty blog. You friends know who you are, and I thank you for your encouragement. Once I thought about it, the ideas for articles and reviews and snippets came faster and faster and faster. So, why not? 

This blog is geared for women who have an interest in beauty, personal grooming, hygiene and health. There will be pictures, links to sales, reviews of products, articles, news alerts that I come across in the media, and just about any old thing we feel like writing about. I hope that you will subscribe and participate. I hope you will tell your friends about it. Most importantly, I hope you will enjoy!

Rules that I absolutely will enforce, no questions asked.

1) I will not tolerate any nastiness of any kind of my blog. You are free to disagree with others as long as it is done in a polite and respectful way.

2) No plagiarism is permitted. If you borrow information from another source or quote, make sure that you give credit where credit is due. If you have to ask if you should, then you probably should. Enough said.

3) No anonymous posting. If you have something to say, own it or don't post it. Any anonymous posts will not be approved.

If you are interested in submitting an article or blog entry for contribution, please contact me.

Lastly, I am not a cosmetologist, nail technician, aesthetician or any other professional beauty technician. I am simply a professional woman who loves makeup, nail polish and beauty products and like many women, I have learned on my own which products I like best and don't like. I love to write and make friends. 

This is our new corner where we get to talk about it as much as we want. 

Thank you so much for reading, and welcome.

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment